The addition of chia seeds in this dessert increases fiber (keeps you feeling fuller longer) and omega-3 (heart-healthy).
Chocolate Chia Protein
Yields 3 servings
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened regular or vanilla almond milk
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings: lots of raspberries and a pinch of coconut flakes
- Combine cocoa powder, coconut sugar, protein powder, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Mix well to form a thick chocolate mixture. Add remaining almond milk. Mix well.
- Add chia seeds. Mix again! Make sure chia seeds are evenly distributed. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Then, you guessed it—mix one more time!
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favorite toppings.